Shinju Matsuri rekindles the excitement and romance of Broome’s early days of being a world-renowned producer of South Sea Pearls that came from the Maxima Pinctada giant Pearl Shell.
The annual Shinju Matsuri (which is Japanese for “Festival of the Pearl”) originated from three cultural festivals – Japanese Obon Matsuri, Malaysian Hari Merdeka, Independence Day from British rule in 1957, and the Chinese Hang Seng. From these original cultural celebrations the Shinju Matsuri then became a festival that celebrated Broome.
Join the excitement with our wonderful Shinju Matsuri Package (14th-18th September 2016):
- 4 nights' in a Garden View Studio
- Breakfast daily at Sunset Bar & Grill
- Wednesday: Poolside Welcome Reception
- Thursday: Club Restaurant Dinner
- Friday: Sculpture Walk and Cooking Class
- Friday night: Cocktails on the Okari Deck before Floating Lantern Matsuri
- Saturday: Sunset Long Table Dinner on Cable Beach
- Sunday: Shinju Matsuri Festival Finale [optional]
Price: $1249 per person* (based on twinshare accommodation)
*Terms and Conditions: For travel from the 14th - 18th September 2016. Subject to availability. Price is per person based on twin-share accommodation. Package does not include airfares. The Resort requires advice of cancellation or amendments 14 days prior to day of arrival to avoid penalty of one night’s accommodation.